Friday, July 14, 2006

You Choose: Morning Dew

Very close votes on the Terrapin and Eyes so far, just as I had hoped for :-) Thanks for the suggestions, I'm trying to find good AUD versions of those songs from different eras. If you are able to find any hot AUDs on The Archive that aren't on my Best Of list, please be sure to let me know, that will help enhance this effort for sure.

Anyway, moving on to today's You Choose. Your mission, if you accept it, is to select your favorite of two of the greatest Morning Dews recorded. The Cornell version is often referred to as the best, but some may like Pigpen-era version better. They are each special in their own way, but which one will You Choose...



Take My Poll



11/8/70 Dew
5/8/77 Dew

7 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Mark said...

1970

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

I can't decide. I'll have to get back to you on this one. Need to listen again. Probably because I couldn't listen back to back the first time. (oops!)
Peace...............

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Paticus said...

I think I must go 1977, but could I give a write-in vote for 9/18/87 ?

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Ben said...

9/18/87 is another great one indeed.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger John said...

I'll go for the 1970 . I've always liked early 70's(70-71) Dead and this is no exception but once again the '77 ain't bad either.

 
At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

I have to go with the '77. Can't really be too specific about why. Partial to that show, I suppose!
Peace.............
(but Rock On with the '87! Paticus!)

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous carter said...

I very much enjoyed listening to the 1970 version but the 5/8/77 Dew has always been a favorite of mine. The first time I heard it, all the talk in the car trailed off as my friends and I just got blown away by the ending.

Paticus, 9/18/87 is stellar and I am with you on the subject of Brent. I loved all the keyboardists who played in the band over the years but I was always partial to Brent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home