Friday, June 30, 2006

One Year Ago...

Wow! Another milestone. I just realized today that I've been at this for a year now (with a brief hiatus earlier this spring). Early June 2005, I thought that it might be fun to blog about the Grateful Dead. Little did I know at the time where it would go, who I would connect with, or what would happen in the coming months. Alot happened in the past year:
- 10 year anniversary of the Dead's last show
- 10 years since Jerry left us
- The Archive Scandal
- Ramrod Passed Away...
- ...And So Did Vince

I've had fun making this as interactive as possible with items like:
- Best AUDs at The Archive
- 10 Questions, and
- Desert Island Dead

The Grateful Dead blogging community has grown quite a bit over the past year, and I've feel privileged to have been a part of it. Thank you again to those who have visited over the past year. The Grateful Dead lives on in the hearts and souls of all of us. This blog has been, and will continue to be my tribute.

11 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

Thanks for sticking around and putting up with us!
Peace............

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Ben said...

LOL. Thanks for sticking around and putting up with me! :-)

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous jonathan said...

Congrats on one year! It's been fun to have you along for the ride.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger John said...

Well done Ben.I'm looking forward to the next year. Well might check out the Best Auds for something from '77.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger an old friend said...

congrats ben :)

how's everything going?

listening to any dick's picks recently?

peace,
ben (the other one)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger irenie said...

Mazel Tov on the first year!!!
And it's been an interesting year in Deadland for sure!
I think I'm almost on year 3???
Happy Blogging!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger BubbleViewer said...

Congratulations! This has been a very strange year for me. I rediscovered the Dead after a 20 yr+ hiatus, but was greatly saddened by deaths of Ramrod and Vince, as well as learning of earlier death of Spencer Dryden. Those Dead shows seem like such a magical memory now. What a special thing! Thanks for helping keep the memories alive. One positive thing is hearing some really great music from Ratdog, and being exposed to other "jam" bands such as Railroad Earth and Tea Leaf Green.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Joby said...

Thanks to you, Ben, your kind words and insight are always appreciated. Keep up the good work!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger SLC Library Boy said...

I've certainly enjoyed your "interactive" posts. Great blog; happy aniv!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Joby - Thank you for your contribution to the Best AUD's list.

BTW, I'm scheming up a new interactive segment, stay tuned...

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger an old friend said...

i can't wait :)

hope all is well...

peace,
ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home