Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So, what's the deal?

No need to worry, everything is cool. No fight to fight really. It's been more of a 'quantity' issue than 'quality' issue. Just a lot of different things to deal with and not much time to deal with much else, such as:

New house...issues at my current job...thoughts of changing jobs
...two young kids (boys, 5 and 2)...money...
health (especially my mom's, my grandfather's)
...disappointing sports teams (Nationals, Terps, Wizards)...turning 35...

Each issue on it's own probably wouldn't be too tough to deal with, but all together, well let's just say it's been a handful. Compared to the troubles of some, it certainly could be much much worse. But things are looking up in the short term. My 10 year wedding anniversary is this weekend and the wife and I are going to indulge ourselves, sans kids, for a nice long weekend. We'll all be going on vacation then in mid-June to the beach. So some much needed R&R coming up for sure.

In the meantime this evening, I'm sitting back listening to the 6/28/85 Hershey, PA show. The family wife, kids and I went up to HersheyPark this past Easter Sunday. It was a spring preview weekend, so the tickets were cheaper and the crowds were smaller on Sunday in particular. We all had a great time there that day. I couldn't help to look over at the Stadium adjacent to the Park, smile and think, "Hey, the Grateful Dead played there 21 years ago". Cool :-)

6 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear all is well. I have not listened to 6/28/85 in years. The Cold Rain and Snow opener stands out in my memory. 1985 was a fine year for the Dead. If you have not heard it, give the Shakedown from 6/30/85 a spin. Guaranteed to make you smile!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous safetyman said...

Hershey Park Happy!!!

Great show; great time; a killer Dew

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous jonathan said...

Wow, I'm turning 35 this summer as well! Keep on keepin' on. All will work itself out in its own way. I'll keep your mom and grandpa in my thoughts.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger an old friend said...

i hope all is well...


peace,
ben

ps. are you going to the GOTV?

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Dal said...

Hey there, found an interesting music blog I thought I'd share. It's a big page and takes a while to load but worth the wait. They also take requests. When you get there type "Monterey Pop" in the search box. All four cds available. I put in a request for Mad River and it was up there two days later. If you haven't heard them definitely check them out. One of the lesser known late 60's San Fran bands. Great stuff.
Enjoy, Dal

http://666interface.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Anonymous - Very familiar with the Merriweather Shakedown on 6/30/85. Merriweather's only about 30 miles east of here. What I would of given to be there then.

ben - Nope, not going to GOTV. Maybe someday. Just too much going on now to break away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home