Thursday, May 25, 2006

RadioDeadHead

During my 11 year Deadhead hiatus, one of my favorite bands for a 3-4 year stretch was Radiohead. I think I liked them for a lot of the same reasons I liked The Dead. They were their own band and created whatever they felt like creating at the time. They changed up the set lists night-to-night. When they could of cashed in after The Bends and OK Computer, two of the best albums of the 90s IMHO, they instead went about as far in the other direction as you could possibly imagine. Listening to some of their more recent work reminds me a little of Seastones/Brian Eno/King Crimson. There had to be a big influence there somewhere.

Anyway, while searching around Youtube, I came across one of my favorite songs of theirs. It was never released, but was featured in their concert movie, Meeting People Is Easy. Here it is live, Nude (Big Ideas), from the Bill Graham Civic Center in 1998. It's a stunningly beautiful song. Check it out and enjoy:

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger wildflower seed said...

Ben
Its nice to see you back. :)

Breathe deeply.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home