Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Blogger Vacation

Take a vacation, fall out for a while...

A blogging vacation that is. It's been a couple weeks since my last post, for a number of reasons, I just kind of took a break. I wasn't feeling well for a while, wasn't sleeping well either, then went on a business trip to San Diego two weeks ago, and just haven't got back into the groove since. I wrote alot the first several months of this blog's existence, it was starting to get tough to keep it going with new and fresh ideas. The collaborative nature of this blog has been positive, and I hope to come up with some new ideas around that.

I may start blogging on some other subjects as well, probably around things happening in my life, or other things that interest me. I don't plan on going political, in fact I'll probably keep my personal views and opinions to myself for the most part. I even thought about starting up a completely separate work-related blog, but I'm still not sure if that's a good idea or not. This however is first and foremost a Grateful Dead blog, I'm just still thinking about where I want to take this and what else would be worth blogging about.

In my hiatus, I missed a couple birthdays, so with apologies, happy belated birthday wishes to Phil Lesh who turned 66 on March 15, and TC, who turned 62 on March 19.

6 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger an old friend said...

hope all is well my friend :)
how goes it?


peace,
ben

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Well, blogging certainly shouldn't start to feel like work and it sounds as if that might be or has happened a bit. I know it's happened to me but I think it's because I have more than one. When I've gotten bored with one or the other I've changed the template, sometimes a little, sometimes alot. It has always helped me in finding the new rhythmn and direction it wants to go. Blogging has also turned out to be a learning experience in HTML for me that I didn't anticipate and I've enjoyed that aspect of it as well. Whatever you do, do it for you and all will turn out just as it should because (and it is only my opinion) a blog is a very personal thing that we hang out in cyberspace for our own reasons.
Good to see you back!
Peace......................

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Dal said...

Hey Ben,

I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now and figured I should add my two cents.
My first show was October 69. I had no idea who they were and left before
they even started playing.Go figure.So my first real show was Dec.28,69 at the same venue,the Boston Tea Party.
Spent the rest of the winter listening to the first Live Dead album.Been hooked ever since.
The best show I've seen was May 15th 1970 second show Fillmore East.
An Evening With The Grateful Dead.
They opened with an acoustic set,playing all the stuff that would come out about a month later on Workingmans Dead.Even saw Pig play a couple of acoustic songs solo.Then the New Riders, then the Dead.The show ended around six in the morning
with 3000 tripping heads spilling onto second ave.
Anyway I'm enjoying your site and thought you might want to check out this group I found on Yahoo called Dead Shows if you don't know about it already.Lots of interesting posts by the Beltway Bandit.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/deadshows/?yguid=244797461

Later,
Dal

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Soap Box said...

The first time I saw the Dead was at Woodstock. I had been up for more than 24 hours and had walked a dozen miles to get to the site. I slept through their set.

I always like American Beauty and have to say I liked the NRPS albums better than the Dead's. But that's what I knew. Albums. I didn't get it...yet.

My son got my wife and me to take him to a Giant Stadium (NJ) concert many years later. Big venue. Wet venue.

Still didn't get it.

My brother in law turned me on to the archives site. Started downloading the concerts.

Got it.

Can't get rid of it.

I don't listen to anything else anymore.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hope you're enjoying some time off here! When you come back, there's a tag waiting for you here if you're up for it:

http://stillhigh.blogspot.com/

Peace.............

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger an old friend said...

is everything ok?

hope all is well...


peace,
ben

 

Post a Comment

<< Home