Stewart's Desert Island Dead
Here's five from Stewart:
(1) 03/01/69, Fillmore West -- Sublime early Dead throughout and featuring my desert island Dark Star.
(2) 11/11/73, Winterland -- My favorite show from my favorite year; best China Rider and a Dark Star > MLBJ> Eyes > China Doll for the ages.
(3) 08/13/75, One from the Vault -- Can't be stuck on a desert island without a Help/Slip/Frank, and this one, beginning with legendary Bill Graham's classic intro of the band, is an easy choice.
(4) 05/08/77, Cornell -- My first bootleg makes this a sentimental pick; also, rumor has it that the show itself isn't too shabby either.
(5) 06/30/85, Merriweather -- Summer of '85 is justifiably iconic; how could I survive on a desert island without this Shakedown to keep my bones boogying?
"My" (Stewart's) "only reservation with this list is the absence of a monumental early 70s Playin' (a la Veneta); not sure I could last without that."