Monday, February 20, 2006

Helen's Desert Island Dead

It's Helen's turn with her Desert Island essentials:

03/19/95 - Phily Spectrum - Because I was there for the Unbroken Chain breakout and while the rest of the show was fair, this alone made it number one on my list of stellar moments. It was really the thing we all waited for. Incredible moment.
06/18/95 Giants Stadium - This is the last time I saw Jerry live. It's odd because I went alone and was making my way out of the Stadium but stopped and sat down not really knowing why. Jerry closed with a beautful Brokedown and I knew instantly why I had stayed.
09/03/77 Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ - The first bootleg I got. It will always be one of my all time favorites.
10/09/89 - Hampton, VA - Just recently heard this show and was blown away by it. Saddened that it is no longer available on archive and I only have the stream but I am working on it!
Europe '72 - I admit to stealing this pick from Mark but as soon as I saw it I thought "Of course, that would have to go with me!"
Bonus - Not a Dead show but I would love to take Keller Williams "Crazy Fingers" because his interpretation of these Dead tunes is amazing and I havent' had nearly enought time to enjoy it yet.

Excellent choices Helen! Please continue to send in your Desert Island selections via e-mail.

6 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Thanks for the bonus!
;)
Peace.......

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Ben said...

np

I'm so jealous that you were there for the Unbroken Chain breakout. Must of been amazing. As for the 89 Hampton show, check out the link from my Desert Island selections, which is to the AUD version. IMO, the AUD, especially the 2nd set is better than the SBD.

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

I will check it out. OB (Other Ben) from "If you get confused...." burned me his SBD's from this show. I think they're traveling towards me as I type this!
Rock on Bro!
Peace.............

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Mark said...

What means "breakout"?

I KNOW what Unbroken Chain is of course.

Excuse my ignorance.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Okay, yeah, I thought it meant first time, biut was confused by the date. I can't believe 1995 was the first time they did UC. Awesome!

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Joby said...

Hey Helen, I was at the Unbroken Chain breakout too...were you that hippie chick in a tiedyed dress I saw there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home