Thursday, February 23, 2006

Deep's Desert Island Dead

Deep offer's his essential Desert Island Dead:

American Beauty - The ONE!

5/11/72 - one of my favorites from that Europe tour. The Tiger Jam on the Dark Star is probably the most monstrous TJ I have heard, and the way in which the band leaves behind all that dark energy behind them and gallop into a rollicking melodious country jam is MAGIC.

DP3 - fantastic set all around.

4/24/72 (Rockin' The Rhein) - hands down, one of my top 5 Dark Stars. The Me & My Uncle that is sandwiched between the Dark Star performances plays out with all the detail and liveliness of a movie. Plus the Good Lovin' is brilliant. Great night for the band.

Reckoning - for the laid back sunny days

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger an old friend said...

DP3...simply amazing...right on-


peace,

ben

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Mark said...

AB was the first dead album I had. I wore out a couple copies oin cassette in high school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home