Saturday, January 28, 2006

BUMP - 10 Questions & Best AUDs

Thanks to all those who submitted their answers to my 10 questions. It just confirmed for me how diverse the Deadhead community is, even online! The 10 questions are listed below for anyone else who wants to join in the fun.

Also, rather than bumping up the whole Best AUDs at The Archive post, I thought I would make reference to it here once more. I've focused more recently on the 90s, and found a couple gems from '93 in particular. Check out the Broken Arrow from 4/4/93 (Phil delivers a great version of one of my favorite Robbie Robertson songs, and the Standing On The Moon from 9/26/93 (Best SOTM ever? You decide...)

10 Questions for...
1. 1st Dead Experience -
2. 1st Dead Show -
3. Last Dead Show -
4. How many shows did you go too?
5. Favorite Dead year or time period?
6. Favorite band member (if it’s Jerry, 2nd favorite?)
7. Other favorite bands -
8. Favorite movie -
9. I'm currently reading (or I recently read)...
10. When I'm not online or listening to The Grateful Dead...
Feel free to include a link to your website, blog, Myspace, etc. too.

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger banky said...

Best SOTM ever? Yes. Possibly my favorite I-was-there Dead moment ever as well ('92-'95 era only). And a remarkably good sound for a Garden aud.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Just downloaded this and listened through it. It was tempting to jump to SOTM but the whole show was worth the listen. Nothing can really end a good Dead show like a great Jerry ballad. Very sweet. Thanks! The last time I saw Jerry he ended the show with Brokedown. I'll never forget it.
Peace...............

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger O' Tim said...

Ben, see if you can find 4-21-84 Philly Civic Center. I've got it 2nd GEN (Schoep's Omnis in front of the board, set 25 ft. apart) This is one of the best AUD tapes I've ever heard. Killer Help>Slip>Frank and one of my fave setups - Wharf Rat coming out of Space. And for you Helen, Brokedown encore (very sweet song to rock thy soul).

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Ben said...

o'tim - Check out the Best AUDs post, a link to the 4/21/84 show is there. Looks like a different source, but a good recording nonetheless. Sweet H>S>F too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home