Friday, January 13, 2006

10 Questions

I'm kind on this 'we do have a community here' kick right now, not to spite Bobby, but to prove a point. The Grateful Dead have been gone from us for 10 years now, but still live on strong in a large part because of the Internet. The Well, The Archive, blogs, The Dead's own message board, are all examples of how Deadheads are able to connect in ways that we never did before. Sometimes a cyber-connections leads to a real connection, we learn from each other, we share each other's successes, each other's pain, and most of all, celebrate together the great music of a great band.

According to the stats of this blog, my readership has grown quite a lot lately, and I thank you for stopping, reading and contributing. I thought it would be fun to learn a bit more about each other. I'll start, the questions will be in bold, if you would like to participate, please send me your responses via e-mail and I'll put it up in a new post.

10 Questions for... Ben (aka BornAgainDeadHead)
1. 1st Dead Experience - I started listening to my Aunt's Dead albums in my senior year of High School. I think Europe '72 was the first one I got into.
2. 1st Dead Show - July 12, 1989. RFK Stadium. Washington, DC
3. Last Dead Show - June 26, 1993. RFK Stadium. Washington, DC
4. How many shows did you go too? 20
5. Favorite year or time period - Right now, it's the early '80s, their most underrated period produced some amazing shows.
6. Favorite band member (if it’s Jerry, 2nd favorite?) Bobby, even with recent events.
7. Other favorite bands - Haven't been listening to anything else recently, but just before I was 'born again', I was heavily into The Pixies.
8. Favorite movie - Blues Brothers. Has it all, great music, great comedy, and the greatest chase scene of all time.
9. I'm currently reading (or I recently read)... My Life by Bill Clinton. Brilliant mind, kind, caring, and in retrospect, he got impeached for what???
10. When I'm not online or listening to The Grateful Dead... I love to spend time with my wife and two wonderful boys and follow my local teams (Redskins, Terps, Nationals, Wizards).

Feel free to include a link to your website, blog, Myspace, etc. too.

5 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

What a great idea Ben. I'll get to crackin' on it this weekend!
Peace............

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger an old friend said...

sweet idea :)

...

peace,

Ben

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Joby said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Joby - I was planning from the start to do these as individual posts, as you probably have already seen. Thanks for joining in!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Joby said...

Sorry bud, never been too good at following instructions ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home