10 Questions for...Tim
Tim adding his "two or three cents"...
1. 1st Dead Experience – Some guys I admired in high school turned me on to Live Dead, but it was Europe '72 that really blew me away. After growing up with Zeppelin and the Stones, Jack Straw and China Cat/I Know You Rider were a religious experience!
2. 1st Dead Show – Rosemont Horizon (outside Chicago), December 6, 1981. Jerry wasn't really fat and still played on stage right, and the Rhythm Devils did a killer duet on the floor.
3. Last Dead Show – Soldier Field, Chicago, July 8, 1995. Second-to-last Dead show ever. Couldn't make the next day, had to get back home to Georgia :..(
4. How many shows did you go to? In 13+ years, all Dead and Dead family shows: went TO well over 100, actually got in to see a dozen or so less than that.
5. Favorite year or time period – 1970-1975
6. Favorite band member (if it's Jerry, 2nd favorite?) Long Love The Phil Zone!
7. Other favorite bands – The Jayhawks, Gram Parsons, Lyle Lovett, Warren Zevon
8. Favorite movie - Withnail and I
9. I'm currently reading (or I recently read) - The Secret Man by Bob Woodward, it's about Mark Felt aka "Deep Throat" from the Watergate era.
10. When I'm not online or listening to The Grateful Dead... In no particular order: playing guitar, playing with my two Australian Shepherds, playing with my wife of nearly 14 years, writing, mountain biking, building trails for mountain biking.