Friday, January 20, 2006

10 Questions for...Tim

Tim adding his "two or three cents"...

1. 1st Dead Experience – Some guys I admired in high school turned me on to Live Dead, but it was Europe '72 that really blew me away. After growing up with Zeppelin and the Stones, Jack Straw and China Cat/I Know You Rider were a religious experience!
2. 1st Dead Show – Rosemont Horizon (outside Chicago), December 6, 1981. Jerry wasn't really fat and still played on stage right, and the Rhythm Devils did a killer duet on the floor.
3. Last Dead Show – Soldier Field, Chicago, July 8, 1995. Second-to-last Dead show ever. Couldn't make the next day, had to get back home to Georgia :..(
4. How many shows did you go to? In 13+ years, all Dead and Dead family shows: went TO well over 100, actually got in to see a dozen or so less than that.
5. Favorite year or time period – 1970-1975
6. Favorite band member (if it's Jerry, 2nd favorite?) Long Love The Phil Zone!
7. Other favorite bands – The Jayhawks, Gram Parsons, Lyle Lovett, Warren Zevon
8. Favorite movie - Withnail and I
9. I'm currently reading (or I recently read) - The Secret Man by Bob Woodward, it's about Mark Felt aka "Deep Throat" from the Watergate era.
10. When I'm not online or listening to The Grateful Dead... In no particular order: playing guitar, playing with my two Australian Shepherds, playing with my wife of nearly 14 years, writing, mountain biking, building trails for mountain biking.

4 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Hi Tim. Do you have a blog??

GP and the Grievous Angels seem to be a band that went hand-in-hand with my first Dead experiences in the seventies.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger O' Tim said...

mark, I do have blog (but it is still in its infancy and I don't post as much as I'd like to).

www.otimisin.blogspot.com

Clarification: I said "in 13 1/2 years" but that includes a hiatus from shows between 1987-1994, so it's really more like eight years.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Thanks for the link. I've added it to the Post. I'll have to check out that Woodward book. I've read "Bush At War" and "Plan Of Attack" over the past couple years. It amazes me to this day the type of inside access he gets. 30 years after Watergate, he remains the most important political writer of our day.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger O' Tim said...

If Patrick Fitzgerald keeps up his investigation in the CIA/Plame leak case, Woodward may wish he hadn't gotten so far inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home