Friday, January 20, 2006

10 Questions for...SLC Library Boy

The man with all the Grateful Dead News fit to Blog...SLC Library Boy

1. 1st Dead Experience - Growing up, I lived right next to Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre. One year, when the Dead came to town, I was overwhelmed by all the heads in my neighborhood. I starting talking to them, asking dumb things like "are they heavy metal?" (I thought that b/c of the shirts) and "who's Jerry?"
2. 1st Dead Show - It took me long enough, but the first show I went to where I was really into the Dead was 6/17/94 Eugene.
3. Last Dead Show - 2/20/95 Salt Lake City.
4. How many shows did you go too? 10
5. Favorite year or time period - 1973-1978 is, by far, my favorite era
6. Favorite band member (if it’s Jerry, 2nd favorite?) Jerry, so, second favorite, Phil.
7. Other favorite bands - I'm very much into House Music, but have been listening to old Talking Heads shows lately.
8. Favorite movie - Harold & Maude
9. I'm currently reading (or I recently read)... To be honest, my most recent read was a comic book (Fantastic Four).
10. When I'm not online or listening to The Grateful Dead... jamming w/ friends, playing cello, making beats...

SLC Library Boy - Salt Lake City, Utah
Blogger Profile
Tribe Profile
Trading List (just started)

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Aha - There he is! A comic book. Man, you really are honest!

It's refreshing, actually!

73 -78. The best!

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

Hey SLC. When I lived in New Jersey a few lifetimes ago I went every Saturday night to see a local house band. Loved them. "The Blue Sparks from Hell".
This year at The Vibes, I saw Railroad Earth for the first time. Two members of the Sparks were in the band. Still at it some 25 years later. I held up a sign to one of them and he just swayed back as if I had sent him back in time. I e-mailed when I got home after the show and we had a good old nostalgia-fest on line for a few days. Very, very cool.
Thanks again for the Anthem Vid on YouTube!
Peace...............
Peace..............

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger a.j. said...

i, too, am savoring the irony of the library boy listing a comic book as his most recent reading material. good stuff.

another fun fact: he makes kick ass remixes of dead songs. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home