10 Questions for...Jonathan!
We had to twist his arm...here's Jonathan
1. First Dead experience - I remember hearing about them in middle school and thinking "Man, what a cool name for a band!" I think I heard UJB and Truckin on the radio about that time as well.
2. First Dead show & 3. Last Dead show - These are one and the same: 6/30/95, Three Rivers Stadium, Pittsburgh. What a show! The rainstorm during set break brought the "Rain" medley out from the boys: Rain ; Box Of Rain ; Samba In The Rain ; Looks Like Rain
4. How many shows did you go to?- Just the one, but I've seen "The Dead" on last year's tour. I know, doesn't really count.
5. Favorite year or time period? Right now, it's 1989. But ask me next week and I'm liable to say 1971.
6. Favorite band member - Phil. Phil. Phil. The man continues to be cool, inspire, and make great music.
7. Other favorite bands - Beatles, Stones, The New Pornographers, Rush, Radiohead, Phish, Springsteen, Guster, Miles Davis, John Coltrane
8. Favorite movie - The Godfather I
9. I am currently reading - The Autobiography of Malcolm X.
10. When I'm not online or listening to the GratefulDead - I hang out with my family (gorgeous wife and two awesome and beautiful kids), I play in my band, listen to jazz, watch entirely too much TV, read, cook really, really good Italian food.