Thursday, January 26, 2006

10 Questions for...Andrew

Andrew (who has brown eyes BTW) provides his 10, and wants to know when there will be 10 new ones. I'm not sure if I'll do another 10 questions, but I think I have something else along similar lines in mind. More to come...

1. 1st Dead Experience - I'd heard a couple of songs on the radio while in High School (Truckin', Casey Jones, UJB ), but someone gave me a tape in 1985 when I was in College (I think it was Cal Expo, 1984), and I was hooked! Once I heard the way they were jammin' on Iko Iko live, there was no turning back.
2. 1st Dead Show - July 26, 1987. Dylan & The Dead, Anaheim Stadium, CA.
3. Last Dead Show - June 25, 1994. Silver Bowl, Las Vegas, NV.
4. How many shows did you go to? 7 Shows (I also saw the Jerry Garcia Band at Irvine Meadows, on August 1, 1992, his 50th Birthday)
5. Favorite year or time period - 1972 to 1979, the "Donna" years.
6. Favorite band member (if it's Jerry, 2nd favorite?) Jerry's my favorite, so my 2nd favorite is Donna Jean Godchaux. The vocals on so many songs sound much fuller and richer with her contributing.
7. Other favorite bands - Eric Clapton, Blues Traveler, Bob Dylan, CSN, Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. Mostly Blues influenced Classic Rock.
8. Favorite movie - There are so many movies I love, but I'll say "Joe vs. The Volcano". Anyone else familiar with it?
9. I'm currently reading (or I recently read)... The Holy Bible. Finished reading through it in a year in December for the 2nd time and just started again in January. Also reading Humility by C.J. Mahaney, The Book on Leadership by John MacArthur, and re-reading The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
10. When I'm not online or listening to The Grateful Dead... I'm playing Beach Volleyball or Golfing. I also enjoy Mountain Biking, Hiking, and Camping (anything outdoors). If I must stay inside, then I hang out with friends and we will do "Dinner & A Movie". We'll pick a DVD to watch and cook a meal based on the movie (e.g. - We made Jamaican Jerk Chicken while watching Pirates of the Caribbean and we cooked Pasta Carbonara when we saw The Italian Job).

4 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Hey Andew - I'll sport for the movie if you make dinner!!!

 
At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Helen said...

Isn't it great how you can see/hear Ratdog or Phil and still hear Donna Jean's vocal? "The Music Never Stopped" has never been the same without her. Another one of my DJ vocal favs is "France".
Nice to meet you Andrew!
Peace...................

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Very familiar with Joe and The Volcano. Very underrated movie IMO.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger BubbleViewer said...

I will add my props for Donna. 1969 is my favorite year, but I really liked the Dead with Donna, and most of the shows I saw were during her time with band. I've heard some disparaging comments about Donna singing off-key, but I never noticed it. Those vocals added a lot IMO, and just having a female in the band changed the dynamic in a good way, I think. I'm glad she's still making music.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home