Sunday, September 18, 2005

Concert Roster

As I continue this blog and reminisce about the many Grateful Dead and Jerry Garcia Band shows I saw (well not that many compared to some, but 23 in all), I can't help but think of the many other bands I've seen over the years. My junior year in high school through college was when I went to the most concerts. I've compiled a list below of the major headlining bands I've seen over the years. This of course doesn't count opening acts or smaller, more unknown bands. Still a decent list I think. Basically, if a 'classic rock' band came through the DC area from 1987-1994, I saw them. Well here's the list, the number in parentheses is the number of times I saw the band:
Aerosmith
Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman & Howe
Don Henley
Eric Clapton
Fleetwood Mac
Genesis
George Thurogood
Huey Lewis & The News
Iron Maiden
Jefferson Starship
Jimmy Buffet
Little Feat (3)
Neil Young & Crazy Horse
Pink Floyd (3)
Radiohead
REM
REO Speedwagon
Rod Stewart
Rolling Stones
Rush
Smashing Pumpkins
The Eagles (2)
The Kinks
The Pixies
The Who
U2
Van Halen
Yes
I can't say that I've seen too many concerts recently. The sorry state of the music business, combined with raising a young family has been a bit prohibitive. Oh well, at least I have the memories (and slight hearing loss) to show for several years of seeing and hearing some of the greatest live rock bands ever.

4 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Ben said...

ALRIGHT! THAT DOES IT!!! I did a post and in not even 5 minutes did I already have spam. SPAM BASTARDS!!!

I didn't want to do it, but I'll need to add in word verification now. It's another step to add comments, hopefully it won't keep anyone legitimate from commenting. All spammers are the scum of the earth. Sorry, but I'm pissed!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Mark said...

This makes about seven of my regular blogs that require WV.

Please don't take offense, but it seems to be a Blogspot-only phenom. For some reason, Blogspot has shitty spam filtering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home