Sunday, August 07, 2005

Garcia: My personal thoughts

First of all, please let me apologize for not keeping up this series yesterday. Due to technical difficulties at home, and me being a bit under-the-weather, I failed to keep up Jerry-Fest '05.

I'm in a bit of a rush this morning, but I wanted to just add in my personal feelings about this man. I think the reason why I'm so drawn to him and his music is the fact that he was truly fearless with his music. I like my music to be honest, creative, emotional and fun. Last thing I want to listen to is the same old formula repeated over and over again. Jerry Garcia created his music as it came to him, night after night, for over 30 years. His music expressed his deepest feelings, those that inspired him, and those that haunted him.

There has never been anyone else quite like Jerry, and I doubt there ever will be. As we near the 10th anniversary of his death, in this day and age, it seems amazing that there ever was anyone quite like that. For that, I say thank you Jerry for 30 years of sharing your magic with the world.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Ben - Dude, you were missed at Jerrypalooza!!!

I had a similar post yesterday, but I count the music as 40 years, since previously unreleased, archived stuff continues to appear.

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Helen said...

"Fare thee well, I love you more than words can tell"
Miss him so much.
Great Blog. I'll be back.
Peace.................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home