Friday, August 05, 2005

Garcia: Favorite JGB Songs

Today marks Day 5 at the Garcia-Thon. Three days ago, we looked at my top 10 favorite Grateful Dead Jerry songs, two days ago, we explored one of Jerry's side-projects, the Jerry Garcia Band (JGB). Today, I wanted to share two favorite lists. Since JGB was primarily a cover band, the first list is my favorite JGB covers. But Jerry also had a few originals, some he only played with JGB, and some he played with both JGB and The Dead. So here they are:

Top 10 Favorite Jerry Garcia Band (Cover) Songs
Dear Prudence
Don’t Let Go
Forever Young
How Sweet It Is
I Shall Be Released
My Sisters And Brothers
Simple Twist Of Fate
Stop That Train
Think
Waiting For a Miracle

Top 5 Favorite Jerry Garcia Band (Original) Songs
Cats Down Under The Stars
Deal
Mission In The Rain
Run For The Roses
Sugaree

Feel free to share your favorites.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Mark said...

"I Second That Emotion" is one of my all-time favorite covers. Played by the Dead in the early seventies, stellar guitar work by Jerry. And he does the vocals.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Agreed. The early 70's GD versions, and JGBs versions were both equally good. The 4/29/71 show (closing of Fillmore East) is one of my favorites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home