Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Garcia: Favorite GD Jerry Songs

Continuing our 8 day celebration of everything Jerry, I submit to you my Top 10 Favorite Grateful Dead Jerry Songs. There is no way I could rank order them, as my favorites change on a pretty regular basis. But on based on my gut-feeling at the moment, I listed out my ten favorite. They are:
  • Bird Song
  • Brown-Eyed Women
  • Candyman
  • Eyes of the World
  • Might As Well
  • Ramble On Rose
  • Scarlet Begonias
  • Shakedown Street
  • Terrapin Station
  • Wharf Rat

What's your Top 10?

7 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Wharf Rat
Eyes of the World
Reuben and Cerise
Ripple
The Wheel
Mission in the Rain
Stella Blue
To Lay Me Down
China Cat Sunflower
Brown-Eyed Women

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I wish Blogger had a trackback feature!

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous jonathan said...

Great lists! Mine (with some overlap with both of you) would be:

Eyes of the World
Ship of Fools
Black Peter
Brown Eyed Women
Stella Blue
Shakedown Street
Comes A Time
Help on the Way
Scarlet Begonias
Cumberland Blues (is that Jerry?)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Natsthename said...

Scarlet Begonias
Friend Of The Devil
Uncle John's Band
Casey Jones
Cumberland Blues
St. Stephen
Touch Of Grey
Stella Blue
Here Comes The Sunshine
Truckin'

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Great lists so far.

Mark - Good choices, there were two (Mission and Reuben) that might fit better in my upcoming Favorite JGB song list, but The Dead played those songs too, albeit just a few times, so it counts here.

Jonathan - I'll count Cumberland Blues, Jerry co-wrote the music with Phil, so it works.

Natalie - Great job, but not so sure about Truckin, Jerry co-wrote the music, but Bobby sang lead. Welcome to the blog!

Nice to see some variety here, if I get a few more, I'll add them up to get a cumulative result. Very scientific, huh ;-)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Natsthename said...

I just went by the writing, even if it was only co-written.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Works for me. Thanks again for contributing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home