Tuesday, July 12, 2005

One More Saturday Night

Coming this Saturday night (July 16) to The Star Diner at Kentlands Market Square in Gaithersburg, MD is The Rock Creek Band, a very good Dead tribute band. I saw them a couple years back at the same location one night when I was walking with the wife and kid in The Kentlands, and heard some very familiar music. We stayed for a few songs before we had to get my son back home to bed. I liked what I heard, but never got the name of the band.

Earlier this summer, I was curious again who they were and did a Google search on local Dead cover bands, and there they were, their website full of pictures of them playing at that exact same spot.

They will be playing a free show outside the Restaurant for all to come and enjoy. So if you find yourself in Gaithersburg (recently named the 17th Best Place to Live in Money Magazine, I'm so proud) on Saturday night, stop by to hear some live Dead, dance a little, and of course, don't forget to tip your waitress :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home