Friday, July 08, 2005

Grateful Dead #7 (According to USA Today)

Not that I would normally care about a poll by USA Today (the McDonalds of Media), but they just put out this week the results of Who Is The Greatest American Rock Band Of All Time. The results were kind of interesting, but ridiculous at the same time. The Dead were #7, and objectively, I would of probably placed them somewhere between #4 and #8 myself.

Some of the other bands and their place on the list were just silly though. Journey and Queensryche in the Top 10? Give me a break.

My Top 10, in no particular order, include:
- The Grateful Dead, of course ;-)
- The Beach Boys
- REM
- The Pixies
- Van Halen (pre-Sammy Hagar)
- The Eagles
- Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band
- Pearl Jam
- Metallica

That's my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions, right :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home